The meaning of trikon is triangle while the meaning of asana is pose. Triangle pose is very important for health & wellness. It has greater significance and relevance in the domain of sound health. Extended Triangle pose yoga has the ability to bring stability, strength and stamina in one’s life. Therapeutically, it is good for strengthening the core and legs.
Trikonasan will also be known as to shed extra fats from the various parts of the body i.e. stomach, hips, thighs and waist. It can be practiced at any time or at any place without any formality. This asana is beneficial in encouraging good blood circulation, eliminating aches and pains in the back, neck and the entire body. The entire nervous system is toned up, especially the spinal nerves. It loosens up the muscles and joints of the whole body.
The Trikonasana should be practiced with proper breathing. Inhale while taking your hand upward and exhale while bringing it to the middle.
How to do
- Stand erect. Keep distance between your legs at about 3 to 4 feet.
- Extend your arms at the shoulder level.
- Inhale and raise your right arm by the side of your head.
- Bend your right arms while exhaling towards the left side by keeping your body weight equally on both the feet.
- Ensure that the right arm is parallel to the ground.
- Maintain the position as per your comfort with normal breathing.
- Come to the original position by inhaling.
- Do the same procedure with the left arm.
- Perform three to five rounds of trikonasana.
- Good to burn fat.
- Recommended to person who is facing the conditions of weight and obesity.
- Good for your backache
- Recommended for growing children to increase their height.
- Helps to strengthen your legs, knees and ankles.
- Good for your digestion
- Used for stress management.
- Helps to expand your chest and shoulders.
- Ensures mobility of hip joints and neck and give proper stretch to your spine.
- Strengthens the muscles in the thighs, hips and back.
- Provides stamina, balance, energy and develops focus.
Check – Various Yoga Poses