Niralamba Bhujangasana is the another version of Bhujangasana which is done without the support or known as Unsupported Cobra Pose. This is an easy asana which can be practiced by anybody without much effort. This asana helps in weak digestive system and people with poor posture. It conditions abdomen, spinal muscles and spinal column.
How to do
- In prone position, interlock the thumbs or interlaced the fingers on the back of the body
- Place the forehead on the ground.
- Exhale and while inhaling, with the support of the back lift the chin, shoulders, chest and abdomen off the ground.
- Slowly stretch and lift the shoulders back with the help of the arms and the back muscles.
- Breathe normally in the asana.
- Inhale and while exhaling, slowly realease the abdomen, chest and chin to ground.
- Release the arms and bring them to your sides, returning to prone position. Relax the body and breathe normally.
- Muscles on the abdomen region are stretch desirably.
- Pressure on the abdomen region increases due to breathing in the pose.
- Intra-abdominal organs get a good massage and thus increasing their efficiency.
- Muscles at the back of the body, alongside the spine, are strengthened
- Blood circulation and efficiency of the spinal cord and muscles are improved.
Also Read: Paschimottanasan