Karnapeedanasan is a complete extension of the spine, allowing the therapeutic fluids to bathe each vertebrae. Knee to Ear Yoga Pose is an advancement of the Plough Pose, the length from the knees to the toes is parallel to the ground. The skull becomes the root of the posture and allows for a gentle stretch of the neck. Karnapidasana is to be very effective pose which can help in kick out all the problems related to ear.
How to do
- In supine position, exhale and while inhaling, lift the legs up to a 90 degree angle from the floor.
- While exhaling, lift the hips and abdomen off the ground and bring the legs over the head,
- while exhaling fully, touch the toes to the ground and point the toes, assuming Halasana – plough pose.
- Bend the legs and bring the knees to the ground beside the ears.
- Hands are to be kept on the floor with palms facing down.
- Breathe normally in the asana.
- To release the position, straighten the legs and stretch them backwards, coming back into Halasan-plough pose.
- Exhale and while inhaling lift the legs off the ground keeping them straight.
- Slowly and with controlled movement, lower the back vertebrea by vertebrea to the ground bringing the legs to a 90 degree angle from the floor.
- Inhale, and while exhaling, slowly lower the legs to the ground coming into supine position.
- Relax the body and breathe deeply.
- Karnapidasana stretches the muscles of your back and your legs.
- Prevents back pain.
- Thyroid gland is stimulated through this pose,
- Your fifth chakra is activated.
- Karnapidasana is good against problems of the ears.
- Blood flow in the head is increased and your ears get an additional pressure through your knees at the sides.
- This pressure with the higher blood flow helps your ears to cleanse themselves and can increase your hearing ability.
- Through the higher amount of oxygen coming to your head, helps you to think clearly and thus releases stress.
- Good against diabetes because of the increased blood flow
- Helps you to sleep better at night.
[Check more – Yoga Poses]