Lemons are vitamin C rich citrus fruits that can enhance beauty, by rejuvenating the skin from within, bringing a glow to the face. One of the major health benefits of drinking warm lemon water is that it paves the way for losing weight faster, thus acting as a great weight loss remedy.
Warm lemon water serves as the perfect ‘good morning drink’, as it aids the digestive system and makes the process of eliminating the waste products from the body easier. It prevents the problem of constipation and diarrhea, by ensuring smooth bowel functions.
A glass of lemon juice contains less than 25 calories. It is a rich source of nutrients like calcium, potassium, vitamin C and pectin fibre. It has medicinal values and antibacterial properties. It contains traces of iron and vitamin A. Lemon is a fabulous antiseptic and lime-water juice works wonders for people having heart problems, owing to its high potassium content.
Health Benefits of Lemon
- Lemon is an excellent and rich source of vitamin C, an essential nutrient that protects the body against immune system deficiencies
- Lemons contain pectin fibre which is very beneficial for colon health and also serves as a powerful antibacterial
- Balances to maintain the pH levels in the body
- Having warm lemon juice early in the morning helps flush out toxins
- Aids digestion and encourages the production of bile
- Great source citric acid, potassium, calcium, phosphorus and magnesium
- Prevent the growth and multiplication of pathogenic bacteria that cause infections and diseases
- Helps reducing pain and inflammation in joints and knees as it dissolves uric acid
- Helps cure the common cold
- The potassium content in lemon helps nourish brain and nerve cells
- Strengthens the liver by providing energy to the liver enzymes when they are too dilute
- Helps to balance the calcium and oxygen levels in the liver
- In case of a heartburn, taking a glass of concentrated lemon juice can give relief
- Immense benefit to the skin and it prevents the formation of wrinkles and acne
- Helps to maintain the health of the eyes and helps fight against eye problems
- Aids in the production of digestive juices
- Lemon juice helps to replenish body salts especially after a strenuous workout session.